.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Basic common sense, updated as needed, regarding world news, local issues, and just general thoughts. Some may call these comments, (rants), CONSERVATIVE. I guess that means Conservatives HAVE common sense. But more importantly, these are MY thoughts. Not the lock-step rants of "my handlers". Basically this: AMERICAN. Patriotic. Conservative. Republican. Catholic. White. Not ashamed of any of it. No excuses. How do ya like them apples?

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I must be an INFIDEL !!!


Well folks, Today is FAT TUESDAY.
That means that tomorrow, is Ash Wednesday, or The Beginning of Lent.

Lent is a forty-day period before Easter. It begins on Ash Wednesday. We skip Sundays when we count the forty days, because Sundays commemorate the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, (Peace Be Upon Him...and all of His followers).
Lent begins on 1 March 2006 and ends on 15 April 2006, which is the day before Easter.
In the Roman Catholic Church, Lent officially ends at sundown on 13 April (Holy Thursday), with the beginning of the mass of the LordÂ’s Supper.

In MY world, it's OK to be any religion you'd like without fear of persecution...or getting your head sawed off...or your Embassy being burned to the ground.
Catholics do strange things like, get ashes in the form of a Cross on their foreheads, (to remind us and those who see us, that from the earth we come, and to the earth we shall return).
No. It's not a smudge of dirt, as some of you in the airport and elsewhere are so kind to point out to we believers.
We get this sign tomorrow, on Ash Wednesday. So be prepared NOT to say, "Hey dude, like you got some dirt on your forehead man", and things like that, OK?
Of course, I won't demand an apology or try to kill you for not knowing about my religion. I won't demand that you live as a Dhimmi in my world. I won't form a mob and march through the streets demanding a boycott of your goods. I'll just tell you that it's Ash Wednesday and to myself, say a little prayer for you.
It's also traditional for us to "give something up for lent". This is usually something that we've become used to and enjoy, so that we can be reminded daily of the sacrifice that Christ made for mankind. Some people give up coffee. Some sugar. Chocolate. Swearing. Drinking. Salt, etc, etc. All common things that people "give up" for Lent.
This year, I've decided to give up being mean and sarcastic to and about people in my blog entries. No more negative sarcasm about Fat-boy Ted (hic) Kennedy, or that witch Hillary. Nope. This is FAT TUESDAY! Gotta get it all out. Ali Gorba, Michael (pig) Moore, Jimmy the jerk Carter. TheReverendd Louis Fairy-can. All of these freaks, er, folks are tabu for the next 40 days. It won't be easy. But that's what this is all about.
I'll have nothing but positive things to say!
Until my after Easter post, (that's the day Christ rose from the dead...NOT the day the bunny gives you candy), I'll be on my best behavior.
Just thought I'd let ya'll know so you don't wonder if I've lost my mind...or you yours.
Hey here's one last thought. Maybe the leaders of the Democrat Party could give up being complete traitors in this war we're fighting. Maybe they can support the troops and mean it. Maybe Howeird Dean and Nancy Peolosi and Harry Reid can say some nice things about the President for the next forty days. You know, act like Christians?
Nahhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Kim Komando, America's Digital Goddess